The SS 8.1 MLR is a transparent eight input, single output switcher/router with mechanical latching relays. The SS 8.1 MLR is perfect for all types of passive signal switching controlled via front panel switches, contact closures and/or multi-drop RS-232 serial. Switching is accomplished with mechanical latching gold contact relays, which means that the unit can route a signal in either direction and will keep routing signals even after losing power. Due to the passive nature of the switching, any input level and impedance can be used. Inputs may be balanced or unbalanced, while output levels, impedance, distortion, noise and balancing will match that of the selected input.
Note: The SS 8.1 MLR replaces the discontinued SS 8.1 II
• Front panel channel selection push buttons with active channel LED indicators.
• Audio “MUTE” function allows the user to turn off all audio.
• Front panel Enable switch can be configured to provide a safety lock to the front panel selection push buttons.
• Audio/signal switching via sealed mechanical latching relays utilizing 2-form-C bifurcated – crossbar silver alloy with gold overlay contacts.
• Internal silence sensor with front panel LED indicator, SPDT/SPST silence sensor alarm relay with adjustable alarm delay and restore duration. May be disabled.
• Eight input GPI port (PIP or Remote Control) with LED indicator.
• Remote control via contact closures, 5-volt TTL/CMOS logic levels and/or the multi-drop RS-232 serial port.
• Eight open collector outputs for remote channel status.
• Removable euro-block screw terminal connectors are used for audio/signal I/O and remote control connections, except RS-232 Serial. Necessary mating plugs are supplied.
• Power-up selection of inputs to outputs, mute or last source selected. If power is lost, the last selected channel is passed to the output.
• Fully RFI proofed.
• Surge protected internal power supply, universal switching power adapter with domestic connector supplied. International connectors optional.
• Up to two units may be mounted on the optional RA-1 rack shelf. Desk top and wall mounting is also possible.
Check out this link.
Broadcast Tools, Inc. will be closed in observance of the following holidays:
New Years Day, Monday, January 2nd
Memorial Day, Monday, May 29th
Independence Day, Tuesday, July 4th
Labor Day, Monday, September 4th
Thanksgiving Day, Thursday, November 23rd
Christmas Day, Monday, December 25th
New Years Day, Monday, January 1st, 2018