Switching is accomplished with mechanical latching gold contact relays, which means that the unit can route a signal in either direction and will keep routing signals even after losing power. Due to the passive nature of the switching, any input level and impedance can be used. Inputs may be balanced or unbalanced, while output levels, impedance, distortion, noise and balancing will match that of the selected input.
See Also: SS 8.1 MLR/Term
- • Front panel channel selection push buttons with active channel LED indicators.
- • Audio “Mute” function allows the user to turn off all audio.
- • Front panel “Enable” switch can be configured to provide a safety interlock for the front panel selection push buttons.
- • Audio/signal switching via sealed mechanical latching relays utilizing 2-form-C bifurcated – crossbar silver alloy with gold overlay contacts.
- • Internal silence sensor with front panel LED indicator, SPDT/SPST silence sensor alarm relays with adjustable alarm delay and restore duration.
- • Eight input GPI port (PIP or Remote Control) with LED indicator.
- • Remote control via contact closures, 5-volt TTL/CMOS logic levels and/or the multi-drop RS-232 serial port.
- • Eight open collector outputs for remote channel status.
- • RJ45 audio jacks for audio I/O.
- • Removable euro-block screw terminal connectors for remote control connections, except RS-232 Serial. Necessary mating plugs are supplied.
- • Power-up selection of inputs to outputs, mute or last source selected. If power is lost, the last selected channel is passed to the output.
- • Fully RFI proofed.
- • Surge protected internal power supply, power adapter with domestic connector supplied. International power supply optional.
- • Up to two units may be mounted on the optional RA-1 rack shelf. Desktop and wall mounting is also possible.