Switching is accomplished with mechanical latching gold contact relays, which means that the unit can route a signal in either direction. Due to the passive nature of the switching, any input level and impedance can be used. Inputs may be balanced or unbalanced, while output levels, impedance, distortion, noise and balancing will match that of the selected input. The SS 2.1 MLR/RJ can be controlled and monitored locally and/or with simple contact closures to ground, as well with multi-drop RS-232 serial commands.
- • Transparent two input, one output stereo switcher/router with mechanical latching relays.
- • Uses standard pinout RJ45 audio jacks for balanced I/O.
- • The audio “MUTE” function allows the user to turn off all audio.
- • Internal analog silence sensor with LED indicator, SPST alarm relay, and adjustable delay and restore durations.
- • Remote control via contact closures, 5-volt TTL/CMOS logic levels and/or the multi-drop RS-232 serial port.
- • Surge protected internal power supply, universal switching power supply with domestic connector supplied. International connectors optional.
- • Up to three units may be mounted on the optional RA-1 rack shelf.